Friday, January 30, 2009
Closed iteration 0.0.6
Today added code that shows a tree list with the objects drawn. Also when an object is selected in the drawing area it is selected also on the tree list and its properties are displayed in the property grid.
On this iteration succeeded to make code that redraws the shapes when their properties are changed, added color property to objects, at the rectangle added width and height, built a layer of objects that handle internally OCAF operations, finished implementing the tree view that shows a list with the objects drawn, improved the property grid, partially implemented also the code that selects drawn objects when they are clicked in the tree view, improved the grid and GUI. Started adding Tango icons at the application, started cleaning up the code.
Tomorrow will prepare the list with the tasks for iteration 0.0.7 also will work at making a document with explanations about knowledge gained until now about OCAF, explanations also about the implemented drivers and the implemented descriptor layer.
Among the tasks that will be included in the next iteration are:
- finish implementing Cut with OCAF,
- improve the Cut and Extrude,
- add code to propagate changes on related entities: when an extrude is applied on a shape if the shape is changed also the extrude has to be redrawn,
- code refactoring and cleanup,
- add a logging mechanism,
- finish implementing the selection mechanism that selects a shape when an item is selected in the tree view (the selection should be stored at the OCAF level, currently it is made only at the visual level).