Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Status report October 21
Finally succeeded to implement a rectangle drawing operation with the Sketcher that adds the shape drawn to the Ocaf data tree and when changing back to the 3d view the shape is drawn from the Ocaf tree.
Implemented also the message display service that will be used in the application when messages will be displayed to the user.
Will continue with the tasks remained to make for the 0.0.1 release. The biggest problem that remained to be solved is the "Extrude" feature that raises the 2D shape into a 3D model.
An estimation of the tasks from Sourceforge remained to make for the 0.0.1 release is:
- add an Extrude feature to the application, task estimated to take 16 hours,
- make an architecture explanation document, estimated to take 3 hours,
- finish the toolbar layout improvement, 2 hours,
- more tuning is needed for the application Gui/functionality - the open cascade drawing windows don't fit exactly in the windows form, the resizing doesn't work properly, task estimated to take 1 day of work,
- make the architecture explanations document 2 - 3 hours.
As a low priority tasks that would be nice to make:
- on the Sketcher window make the projection of the 3D solid to show the user where is the sketching plane located, estimated to take 3-6 hours (this task will be probably left out),
- display the Ocaf tree on the left side of the wiew, estimate to take 2 - 4 hours.
The risks that might delay the tasks:
- the extrude feature was never used until now, there might appear wrapper problems, it can cause delays of 1-3 days.
In order to finish all these tasks 4 more days of work are needed. It seems until now that the initial estimation accuracy was half the time the real implementation needed.